To log into Eugene 4J School District’s Google Docs page, click here. Then click “Google Docs.” Use your student username and student password to log in.
1) Once you are logged in, create a new document.
2) Write the beginning of a story. This beginning should do everything the introduction of a plot normally does (introduce characters, setting, and situation). This beginning should be at least 100 words.
3) Once you have your beginning, SHARE the document with another student in this class. Ask them in person if they want to trade before clicking SHARE. Make sure they have SHARED their story with you as well.
4) When you share, you are going to add another 100 words to the story that your partner started. Change the color of the text for the second hundred words, and include your name beneath your new section so we know who contributed.
5) Once the second person has added to your story, share it with a third person. The third contributer adds another 100 words. Repeat this process till five people total have contributed and the story is 500 words long or longer!!! Remember to change colors and sign your name every time!!!
6) Finally, from your Google Docs homepage, CREATE A NEW PRESENTATION… In this new Presentation, add a new slide for every one of the five sections of your story (five group members, 500 words, five sections, five colors = five different slides in Google Presentations).
7) On each slide, copy and paste that section of the story. Decorate each slide using new colors, images (from Google Image searches or from your flash drive), new fonts, etc. (Be sure to include the other four contributers’ names in your last four slides.)
8) Your finished Google Presentation of your five part story will be shared with the class for final credit by Wednesday, 11/10.